Summary: The description and photos for the Pietta 1873 SAA revolvers.
Pietta is reproducing the venerable 1873 Colt Single Action Army revolver in a dizzying array of models. Available features include:
- Caliber: 357 Magnum, .44-40, .45 LC
- Barrel length: 3.5″, 4.75″, 5.5″, 7.5″, 10″, 12″, 16.5″
- Material: steel, stainless steel
- Finish: blue, nickel, matte, case hardened
- Grips: walnut, faux ivory, polymer
Birdshead grip models are available, as are engraved models.
Note: The photos shown on this page include just a small sampling of all the available models, styles, etc.
To shop for this gun, try visiting Dixie Gun Works (search for “SAA”) or E.M.F. Company (check out its 1873 Great Western line). If you’re in Canada, try Marstar Classic Collectibles.
Finally, here’s a link to a page on Pietta’s Web site that lists its American retailers: Pietta Retailers. A number of companies are importing Piettas and placing their rollmarks on them.