Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the Smith & Wesson SD9 VE pistol.
The Smith & Wesson (S&W) SD9 VE pistol is built on a black polymer frame with a stainless slide and barrel and chambered in 9mm. This VE model is slightly different than S&W’s original SD9 model. Reportedly, with the VE the company has removed some of the premium features found on the original to lower the price. Features removed include the melonite finish on the slide (it’s now stainless) and the tritium night sights (the VE offers a standard white three-dot arrangement).
Features retained include:
- an 18-degree point of aim;
- striker fired action;
- a self-defense trigger (SDT) for optimal, consistent pull first round to last;
- a picatinny-style rail;
- a slim, ergonomic, textured grip;
- a textured finger locator;
- aggressive front and back strap texturing; and
- front and rear slide serrations.
Note: S&W now offers a California-compliant version of this pistol, the SD9 VE CA Compliant. This model includes a tacticle loaded chamber indicator and a 10-round-only magazine.