Summary: STI’s description, specs, photo and pricing for its Tactical 4.0 pistol.
STI’s Tactical 4.15 model is a double-stack 1911 chambered in 9mm, .40 SW or .45 ACP. Available with a steel or aluminum frame with a polymer grip (the essential design element for high capacity), the STI Tactical delivers the added benefit of high capacity magazines without over-sizing the circumference of the grip. The STI Tactical is designed for multiple applications, ranging from police and SWAT teams requiring a firearm with a light rail and high capacity, to the individual demanding a high performance pistol with special features for personal protection. The tactical rail milled into the dust cover of the frame accepts all industry standard light mounts.
The Tactical 4.0 features:
- a 4140 carbon steel slide with rear slide serrations;
- an STI long curve trigger;
- an STI square-style hammer;
- an STI ramped front sight and an STI, Novak-style, fixed rear sight (fixed tritium night sights are an available option);
- an STI stainless steel, fully supported, ramped bull barrel;
- an STI RecoilMaster guide rod system;
- an STI knuckle relief hi-ride grip safety;
- a blued matte finish; and
- STI ambi-thumb safeties.
|.40 SW||17+1||4.26″||7.65″||5.6″||33.9 oz.|
|.45 ACP||14+1||4.26″||7.65″||5.6″||33.9 oz.|