Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing, user ratings and user comments for the Beretta 92A1 pistol.
General Beretta 92 Series Information (scroll down for 92A1-specific info)
Beretta‘s 92 series semiauto pistols are chambered in 9mm and operate on a short recoil, delayed blowback system.
These double-action/single-action pistols come with high-capacity steel magazines designed to drop-free when the magazine button is depressed, even when empty.
Chrome-lined barrels provide corrosion resistance, as well as ease of cleaning. Barrels also feature a deeply recessed combat muzzle crown to protect the rifling.
Other features include:
- Open Slide Design: Open top slide virtually eliminates jamming and stove piping. Allows the user to load and chamber one cartridge at a time should the magazine be lost or damaged.
- Disassembly Latch: Simplifies field stripping for maintenance by allowing quick and easy disassembly. Stays on the gun, preventing accidental dropping and loss.
- Visible Automatic Firing Pin Block: The front part of the firing pin is blocked from any forward movement until the trigger is pulled completely back. The block is located rearward, far away from the fouling and debris of the breech face. Since the block is visible, the user may ascer tain its proper operation at any time. Even if the pistol falls and strikes the ground muzzle down, the firing pin will not strike the primer.
- Rear Sight Profile: The rear sight is designed to provide a front projection so that in an emergency, the user may retract the slide single-handedly by pushing the rear sight against the edge of a table, door, etc.
- External Hammer Design: A traditional feature of Beretta pistols, this design provides the energy to the firing pin, virtually eliminating the possibility of misfires due to light primer. Also provides an immediate visual and tactile indicator as to the cocked/uncocked status of the pistol.
- No Glare Finish: Beretta’s exclusive BrunitonTM non-reflective black coating is a superior corrosion and wear resistant finish.
- Light Aluminum Frame: Each pistol features a lightweight, forged frame made from extremely strong aircraft-quality aluminum alloy.
- Reversible Magazine Release: Positioned next to the trigger guard for either right or left-handed shooters, allowing rapid reloading. Magazine drops clear when released.
- Unique Ultra Safe Design: The ambidextrous safety lever, easily accessible by the thumb of a right or left handed shooter, is spring loaded so it’s either positively “on” or “off ”. The safety lever also functions as the pistol’s decocking lever. When pushed down, the rear part of the firing pin (striker) is rotated out of alignment with the front part of the firing pin. Additional hammer drop catch (half-cock notch prevents striking of the firing pin unit) in the remote chance of unintentional hammer drop.
- High-Capacity Magazines: The 92 family magazines are interchangeable within caliber, and range in capacity from 10 to 20 rounds in 9mm.
New for 2010, the 92A1 combines elements of the 92FS and the 90-Two, including:
- Higher capacity magazines: 17 rounds in 9mm. Completely interchangeable with other 92 family magazines. Three magazines included per pistol.
- Removable front sight: Allows the user to easily replace a damaged sight or replace it with an accessory sight.
- Accessory rail: The frame of the A1’s have an integral MIL-STD-1913 rail for rapid attachment of tactical lights and laser aiming devices.
- Internal recoil buffer to increase service life by reducing stress on the receiver.
- Captive recoil spring assembly: The single-piece design simplifies the assembly and disassembly process and minimizes the possibility of spring loss.
- Rounded trigger guard: Updated styling to conform with current pistol gripping practices.
|9mm||17+1, 10+1||8.5″||4.9″||5.5″||1.5″||34.4 oz., unloaded|