Summary: The description, specs, pricing, photo and user ratings for the Colt .380 Mustang XSP pistol.
The Colt .380 Mustang XSP is a 1911-style semi-auto pistol built on a subcompact, black polymer frame with a black anodized aluminum insert, and chambered in .380 ACP. This model follows Colt’s aluminum alloy framed .380 Mustang with several differences beyond the frame (here’s the link to our in-depth review of the aluminum .380 Mustang).
First, the basic features:
- A series 80, single-action-only firing system;
- a firing pin safety block;
- a solid aluminum trigger;
- a commander-style hammer;
- a lowered ejection port;
- a stainless steel slide CNC-machined from solid bar stock;
- a stainless steel barrel CNC-machined from solid bar stock;
- high-profile sights; and
- a six-round metal magazine.
The XSP differs from its predecessor with:
- An ambidextrous thumb safety;
- a black finish on the slide;
- checkering on the front and back strap;
- a dovetailed front sight, allowing an easy change;
- a squared trigger guard;
- a slight relief behind the trigger guard, allowing a slightly higher grip;
- thumb rests in front of the thumb safeties;
- angled slide serrations;
- slightly less weight; and
- an accessory rail.
|.380 ACP||6+1||2.75″||5.5″||1″||4″||11.8 oz.|