Best Gun Accessories
So you just started your journey as a gun enthusiast, and here you are, wondering if you’re ready to hit the range for some target practice sessions. Worry no more! Because this article will help you complete your list of the best gun accessories and where to buy them!
Best Gun Accessories
Optics play a major role in extending your range, improving your accuracy, and acquiring your target. Here are the optics that you’d be needing.
- A rifle scope is like your rifle’s (or shotgun’s) other half. One won’t function optimally without the other. When mounted with a reliable riflescope and the best 30mm scope rings, your weapon can go beyond its limits.
- 3-9x40MM BDC
- Fully multi-coated optical system
- Lock Zero&Superior Accuracy: OMMO rifle scope with a zero lock to effectively prevent target deflection.No cap easy to adjust windage, elevation, and zero locks. A thin reticle provides the most...
- Premium High Definition: 9-layer Green-Coated crystal optics for excellent light transmission, OMMO scopes for rifles provide the most realistic scene and view, closet to what you see by eyes
- Spotting scopes have magnification high enough to really see your hits well from down range. However, they’re really expensive.
- 25-75x zoom;SV28 spotting scope is easy to focus and change magnification;easily set up when looking at birds and scenery;A great spotting scope for beginner to novice
- 70mm large object lens;More powerful light gathering ability;70mm tube allows plenty of light and decent view of the target once set;extendable sunshade built onto the main barrel to reduce glare
- 1/4 inch -20 tripod mounting shoe/tabletop tripod with window mount
Sights are like scopes with 1x magnification.
- Red dot sights – Despite having no magnification, red dots are widely used for tactical applications and target shooting. A red dot sight helps you aim, shoot accurately, and shoot quickly with the help of the red dots placed on your target. Learn more about red dot sights from these articles.
- Matte black featuring a 3 MOA Dot reticle with 11 brightness settings; Mounts easily on most picatinny rails and is compatible with pistols, shotguns, rifles and muzzleloaders.Adjustment Range : 70+...
- Waterproof construction: O ring sealed optics stay dry inside, even when totally immersed in water. Parallax - 50
- Reticle allows for 4 different styles. Dot, Circle/Dot, Crosshair/Dot, Crosshair/Circle/Dot combinations. All in one sight!
- A 33mm lens provides quick target acquisition. Wide field of view to maintain situational awareness.
Binoculars aid in observing your target especially from afar without pointing your gun at them! Plus they’re much lighter for long-duration scouting and observing.
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view, 273ft/1000yds, letting you look farther and see wider. Coating with FMC...
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the glasses wearer, getting close to lens and see easily. The long eye relief...
- 【Upgraded 15mm Large Eyepiece Binoculars】 With 15mm large eyepiece, Aurosports 10x25 binoculars provide a more comfortable and large vision. You can easily get full image with sharp edges. On both...
- 【High-Definition 10x25 Binoculars】 10x power magnification, helps quickly catch long range target 10x closer. 25mm objective lens and advanced Fully Multi-Coated binoculars with BaK4 prism ,...
A rangefinder is a tool that allows you to get closer to your prey without mistakenly snapping a twig. It also helps you improve your estimation skills and prepare for a long shot.
- 【INTEGRATED FUNCTIONS】TideWe rangefinder offers 6x magnification, and displays a straight-line vertical distance, horizontal distance, and speed to your target. We also have scaning function...
- 【FAST ACCURATE READING】Our rangefinder is a premium product with advanced technology that accurately ranges from 3 to 1000 yards. It provides fast measurements within +/- 1 yard. Measuring speed...
- 【HIGH PRECISION FUNCTIONAL RANGEFINDER】Aofar rangefinders own advanced pin sensor technology, which is capable of obtaining six times magnified imaging and also of measuring with an accuracy of...
- 【HUNTING RANGE FINDER】Our rangefinders measure from 5-700 yards. Distances can be obtained even in harsh environments using the rangefinder mode. Bring you an extraordinary hunting experience.
A magnifier is an optic “mounted behind a red dot, holographic, or other non-magnified sights.” The best red dot magnifier “provides increased magnification to a shooter’s view when they are engaged.” These are great for shooting close and then quickly adding magnification to shoot at distant targets in competition or combat scenarios.
- High Power Magnification: Nazano magnifying glass with double glass lenses,Perfect magnification effect to be helpful for elderly and low vision for easily and clearly reading.
- Excellent Brightness of Lights: This Magnifier with 12 mini ultra-bright LED lights. It is well designed for low vison or macular degeneration people. Health led lighting can allow people reading in...
- Precision Instrument: Ideal for gems, jewelry, coins, stamps, rocks, watches, hobbies, antiques, models, photos industry and more. This JARLINK jeweler's loop allows you to distinguish and see objects...
- Dual Lens Loupes: Equipped with a primary lens of 30x22mm and a supplementary lens of 60x12mm. The innovative design allows the light to switch sides according to the lens in use. For optimal clarity,...
Your gun’s accuracy will greatly depend on its barrel. That’s why a lot of gun enthusiasts upgrade their firearm’s barrel. The longer the barrel, the greater the muzzle velocity and the more accurate the rifle is. But note that firearms with longer barrels are heavier and harder to maneuver. It means you’d have difficulty maneuvering your rifle due to extra length and weight, especially if you have short arms or when shooting in tight conditions.
If you’re building a custom rifle, these resources should help:
Upgrading your gun’s trigger will enhance your accuracy because a clean and fast-action trigger results in less flinching and better sight alignment. Here’s an informative article about triggers: CMC Triggers Review.
A pistol grip allows you to “manipulate the trigger and magazine release with only the index finger, while using the thumb to control the safety or selector switch, all without needing to remove the palm from the grip.” Most pistol grips are textured. They provide additional grip and control especially when your palms get sweaty. This can be an issue (or not) depending on your preference. Some shooters prefer a more textured grip, while others are fine with less aggressive texturing as long as it gives them a steady grip.
- Fits Glock 17 19 20 21 22 23 25 31 32 34 35 37 38 and other pistol
- easy installation,no replacement grips available,Fast Use
- Made of high quality rubber Fits for Glock 17 19 20 21 22 23 25 31 32 34 35 37 38 and other pistol
- Easy installation,no replacement grips available more
An ambidextrous safety is designed so that you can operate the gun using your non-dominant hand in case your dominant hand can’t.
Ambidextrous Mag Releases
An ambidextrous magazine release allows both left and right-handed shooters quick and easy magazine release (and reload) using their non-firing arm and without removing their aim from the target. They give you flexibility in how you manipulate the weapon for a variety of scenarios.
Upgrading your buffer system will help you achieve a more consistent performance. Our article about Mil-Spec vs. Commercial Buffer Tube should be enough to get you started.
If you’re putting together a .300 Blackout build, you need the best 300 Blackout buffer spring.
A suppressor “is a device that attaches to the gun barrel to reduce the noise from the gunshot. When a gun is fired, the bullet leaves the chamber and travels through the barrel; it instantly uncorks thousands of pounds per square inch (PSI) of gas pressure behind it.”
One of our favorites is the Rugged Oculus 22 because it’s very quiet, especially with subsonic ammo. Click on the article link for a more detailed review plus steps on how to purchase and maintain a suppressor.
A muzzle brake is also called a recoil compensator. It’s part of the muzzle or the barrel that’s responsible for redirecting “a portion of propellant gasses to counter recoil and unwanted muzzle rise.” If you’re looking for a firearm-specific muzzle brake, these articles should help:
A shotgun choke is a threaded cylindrical tube attached to the shotgun’s barrel to either spread out or constrict the pellet pattern. To know more about the different choke types, this article should help: “Which Shotgun Choke is the Most Open?“
A flash hider or flash suppressor is a device connected to the gun’s muzzle. It reduces the “visible signature while firing by cooling or dispersing the burning gasses that exit the muzzle, a phenomenon typical of carbine-length weapons.”
- 3 Prong Flash Hider Wrench allows you to install a 3-prong flash hider without marring or damaging it
- This piece attaches to a standard torque wrench and you will have your flash hider installed in seconds. Sometimes it is all about having the right tool for the job.
Striker Control Device
A Striker Control Device is a hinge-like “device that lets you know when the striker of your Glock is moving.” Langdon Tactical Technology, Inc. describes it as a “cover plate for your Glock pistol that blocks the rearward motion of the striker when thumb pressure is applied to the back of the slide – similar to a hammer on a DA/SA hammer fired pistol.”
In short, it’s a safety device to make sure you don’t shoot yourself in the leg when holstering and unholstering your pistol!
Shell holders are used for storing several additional rounds of ammunition at a convenient place on your gun for quicker reloading and follow-up shots. They can be mounted on the rear of the stock or on guns with accessory rails.
Along with getting a powerful scope, mounting your rifle on a durable and stable bipod will exponentially increase your accuracy when shooting. These are really popular for long-range shooting and competitions.
Here are our best bipod reviews:
- Utilizes the latest technology in injection molding for signification weight reduction while still retaining the functionality, strength and value of our other bipods; At 8 ounces, it weighs almost...
- Designed to mount to the popular Uncle Mike's Sling Swivel Stud, attaching and detaching the MOE bipod is quick and easy with its rapid-attach sling stud mounting system; Self-locating, stainless...
- Offers serious strength and versatility
- Lightweight Mil-spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum and injection-molded polymer
A sling comes in the form of a harness or a strap and is attached to the rifle or shotgun. Its primary function is to assist in carrying the firearm conveniently. It also helps in improving accuracy as it stabilizes the firearm during aiming.
- SPECS: 20”-41” length adjustments with a 2.75” strap
- EASE OF USE: Clips onto standard sling swivels with push of a button
- 【Adjustable Length】The length of the 2 point sling is adjustable, from 23 inches to 52 inches. You can adjust the length you like.
- 【Widened Soft Shoulder Pads】Wide shoulder sling strap, with soft shoulder pads, will not cause discomfort, while reducing the pressure on the shoulder.
Laser lights help in quickly locating your target, especially in low-light conditions. Laser lights come in green, white, and red. But some brands have multiple LED modules (red, green, and white) that are interchangeable depending on the shooting application.
Both red and green light are better than white light when it comes to hunting applications. But some hunters still prefer to use it. White light is also best for people in law enforcement and filming at night.
- ✅【0.96 in Installation Space Needed】TWO Installation requirements of the 3-in-1 green laser light combo: (1) 21MM Picatinny with slot; (2) 0.96 inch Installation Space from slot to trigger...
- ✅【Safe & Adjustable Laser Sight】Solofish Green and blue laser sight for glock pistol/rifle compatible with taurus g2c accessories. The safety output of the tactical red green laser beam is...
- ✅【21MM Picatinny + 0.9Inch Space 】The Tactical blue laser sight for pistol requires 21MM SLOT Picatinny with 0.9 inch installation space from cross slot to trigger guard. There are Three...
- ✅【Safe & Adjustable Laser Sight】The Blue laser beam is very safe with intensity/wavelength: <5mW peak, 532nm, Class IIIA. The blue laser for gun is adjustable by using included allen wrench for...
Tactical or survival flashlights are brighter than regular flashlights. They also have special features that can be used for self-defense and emergencies. Check out our Streamlight vs Surefire article to find out which weapon light brand is better.
- SPECS: Weatherproof tabletop is 34” W x 23” L and weighs 30 pounds and the allweather seat is 17” in height with a total weight limit of 250 pounds
- EASE OF USE: Table unfolds to setup and the ambidextrous seat pivots around the rear table leg for maximum shooting comfort
- MTM Predator Shooting Table has a wedge-shaped tabletop design to provide a comfortable shooting position for both left and right-handed shooters
- Size: 35" (L) x 28" (W) x 30" (H); Shooting Surface: 28" x 35"
Range bags are made from high-quality materials and are designed to accommodate guns and shooting accessories and keep them organized, protected, and secure.
- Range duffle bag Exterior Dimensions: 15"x12"x10" (WxDxH).Interior main compartment Dimensions 14" x 8" x 9"(WxDxH).
- Gun range bag is made of 600D nylon fabric, durable, water-resistant and heavy duty. Lock style zippers for main compartment (zippers didn't include lock)
- 🔫 HEAVY DUTY: This tactical range duffel bag is composed of heavy duty water resistant polyester that's durable enough for daily use. Inner PVC lining provides protection from water spillage on the...
- 🔫 LARGE OPENING: High Quality Travel Bag with Main compartment that is a wide U-shaped opening for maximum opening space without compromise to functionality. Side pockets also have large openings...
Ear protection gear are like earphones or headphones. They’re designed specifically to tune out the noise made by your gun when firing and normally allow you to hear commands from the range safety officer more easily.
- 🍀 Constructed by solid ABS-shell and thickened noise-dampening foam, the ear muffs offer a NRR 28dB rating and block out noise by a great amount, ANSI S3.19 (US) certified
- 🍀 Adjustable headband and 360°rotatable ear cups with comfortable foam can be adjusted to fit most sizes from kids to adults men women (pull / push the earmuffs from the metal string to adjust the...
- 27 dB NOISE REDUCTION RATING: Over the head hearing protection with NRR) of 27 dB for moderate to high noise exposures
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES: New innovative foam ear cup inserts and spacers help improve attenuation along with new ear cushion foam technology for an effective acoustic seal and reliable protection
One of the most vital parts of owning a gun is maintaining it. A well-maintained gun will last a long time and isn’t prone to misfires or accidents.
Gun Cleaning Kit
Gun cleaning kits consist of the most essential cleaning supplies, such as a cleaning rod or brush, cleaning patches, and a solvent, some kits even have bore snakes included. Never settle for low-quality gun cleaning kits, particularly when it comes to cleaning solvents. Cheap solvents will degrade your gun’s parts and will affect its performance.
- All-in-one: Universal cleaning accessory kit for used for all types of shotguns, rifles and pistol cleaning. All you need to clean common caliber guns in a compact case. Our case is designed to keep...
- No Cheap Plastic: All our slotted tips and cleaning jags are made of high quality nylon plastic. Sets from other brands use cheap plastic tips that can easily break after two uses. With this set you...
- Zippered Compact Padded Case: Keeps everything neatly organized; Holds all the necessary cleaning tools; Case sized: 6.5" x 3.6 "; 16 Pieces handgun gun maintenance system in a high performance...
- Gun Cleaning Supplies Includes: .22Cal., .357Cal./.38Cal./9MM, .40Cal., and .45Cal. phosphor bronze bore brushes and brass jags, large and small bronze slotted tips, and 100 pcs gun cleaning patches,...
Reloading your own ammo allows you to shoot more consistent rounds and is more cost-efficient than buying new ammo.
A brass catcher keeps your brass from getting flung everywhere so it remains in mint condition. Plus, looking for used shells all over the range can be tiring and tedious.
- DIMENSIONS: Brass Catcher 4.5" L x 5.5" W x 3.5" H, Pic Mount 1.4" L x 0.8" W x 0.5" H
- SPECS: Holds 100 pieces of .223 brass
- DIMENSIONS: 19" H x 17" W x 16.5" D
- EASE OF USE: Zipper at the bottom of the mesh bag makes emptying simple and the brass catcher features a 1/4"-20 thread to mount to a tripod (not included)
The best reloading kits include the reloading press, die bushings, powder measure, cutter, and chamfer tool. Some kits have more accessories than others, but watch out for low quality add-ons! We suggest focusing on quality over quantity.
- Includes a set of 11 Auto-Prime Shell Holders
- Kit includes the Breech Lock Challenger Press and one Breech lock quick change bushing
- Start with the equipment you'll keep. This reloading kit has the features and capacity to grow with your passion from beginner to advanced.
- The Lyman Ultimate Reloading System is the most complete reloading kit on the market. Includes premium equipment for all steps in the reloading process
Brass tumblers clean used cartridge cases quickly and efficiently so they can be reloaded. Remember that dirty and moist brass can be a safety hazard.
- RELIABLE: Unique bowl design to increase brass agitation for fast, aggressive cleaning that reduces wear on reloading dies and extends brass life
- EASE OF USE: Clean lid for monitoring tumbling action with cord-mount ON/OFF switch for saftey and convenience
- SPECS: This tumbler holds up to 600 9mm or 350 .223 cases
- EASE OF USE: Cord operated with an ON/OFF switch located on the cord
As helpful as these accessories are, remember that buying them all at once is not mandatory. If you can, then that’s nice! But if not, prioritize the ones you need most, then buy the less important accessories next time – like what they say, baby steps. And before you know it, you’d already be fully equipped with all the necessary shooting and gun accessories.
Speaking of accessories, here are firearm-specific upgrades you’ll surely love:
- Beretta 92FS upgrades
- Top Upgrades for Walther PPQ
- Best 6.8 SPC Magazines
- Best 6.5 Grendel Magazines
- Best Ruger SR9C Accessories
- Best Airsoft Goggles
Found a great gun but not sure if it’s worth it? Check out our gun reviews for a list of reliable guns, you might even find “the one” there!
Last update on 2023-09-27 / Images from Amazon Product API